Outcasts

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Outcasts

Outcasts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Outcasts

Forum for outcast sleuths.

+12
Heroine
TiffaniLane
tapu
bandersnatch45
blouAngel
claudicici
Mags
dangrsmind
ericclimbs
ziggy
wadahoot
Percy
16 posters

Advice on men

Advice on men - Page 12 Empty Re: Advice on men

Post by Guest Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:00 pm

karma wrote:
    Paximus wrote:

Ok, just trying to make everyone happy thats all we care about here. Personally I have no idea how the whole pot thing started and I regret that I didnt get a handle on it earlier since we have now lost a member over it but we made a pact when we started this place that we were not going to censor the discussion and that we would allow off topic discussion in threads, so there ya have it. I only contributed to that part of the discussion because I didnt like seeing my friends, who I know to be good people, insulted.

I personaly like when threads go in different directions.

One of the things I liked about the couch was that aspect. To me it's like a group of friends getting together and just talking, everything goes. Just because we start off all talking about the price of cheese at the store doesn't mean we have to stay on that topic. Things comes up, we follow. That's why I like that type of foum, it's not "theme" specific...it's not just a political site, a rock star site etc, it is what it is.
    Don't get me started on the price of cheese Advice on men - Page 12 Icon_evil

Post by karma Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:02 pm

dabobkat wrote:
    dangrsmind wrote:Worth keeping a sense of humor about it H. You guys are doing great. Hang tight. IMO anyhow...

I agree
    People should just chill

No one is ever going to make everyone happy, it will never happen

My suggestion, for what it is worth is set up the site just as you wanted, make yourself happy. If others have an issue they can take it up with you both one on one. If people can’t deal with the “Only rule is no rules” then they don’t have to be here. It is simple as that. I hate to see people leave but that is their choice.

I’m having fun; you should too and let things go as they go.

Remember, this is your backyard we are playing in. If we don’t like the sandbox or swing set we can go play somewhere else.

My Dear Bob,

I have missed your posting.
    Advice on men - Page 12 622579
    Advice on men - Page 12 316827
    I couldn't agree more.

I would like to thank Pax and Heroime for having us here. You are trying very hard to please all. An impossible job, but you're trying (I'm sure Otto could relate to this:))

Last edited by karma on Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling error)
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:04 pm

karma wrote:
    Paximus wrote:

Ok, just trying to make everyone happy thats all we care about here. Personally I have no idea how the whole pot thing started and I regret that I didnt get a handle on it earlier since we have now lost a member over it but we made a pact when we started this place that we were not going to censor the discussion and that we would allow off topic discussion in threads, so there ya have it. I only contributed to that part of the discussion because I didnt like seeing my friends, who I know to be good people, insulted.

One of the things I liked about the couch was that aspect. To me it's like a group of friends getting together and just talking, everything goes. Just because we start off all talking about the price of cheese at the store doesn't mean we have to stay on that topic. Things comes up, we follow. That's why I like that type of foum, it's not "theme" specific...it's not just a political site, a rock star site etc, it is what it is.

That is exactly my intention for this place, threads evolve over time and dont always stay on topic and THAT IS OK WITH ME, it makes for more interesting and random discussion, I just hate that we lost a good member in ladysig over this because she took issue with the fact that a few members like to partake of the herb. I dont care who smokes what and I support freedom of choice in people's personal lives but I also encourage others who disagree to share their opinion, as long as it is respectful all comments and opinions are welcome here and in any thread regardless of topic. Post away and have fun, I dont moderate discussion I am only here to keep things tidy and move threads to their proper forums, other than that I try and stay out of everyone's business and let them have fun. People work all day and want to come here and blow off steam, thats what its for. Do it and enjoy it.

Post by Guest Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:22 pm

dabobkat wrote:

Works for me but I don't do the dishes and I won't run a vacuum so that's up to one of you
    thats what Mr EJ's for Advice on men - Page 12 Icon_wink

Paximus wrote:
    That is exactly my intention for this place, threads evolve over time and dont always stay on topic and THAT IS OK WITH ME, it makes for more interesting and random discussion, I just hate that we lost a good member in ladysig over this because she took issue with the fact that a few members like to partake of the herb. I dont care who smokes what and I support freedom of choice in people's personal lives but I also encourage others who disagree to share their opinion, as long as it is respectful all comments and opinions are welcome here and in any thread regardless of topic. Post away and have fun, I dont moderate discussion I am only here to keep things tidy and move threads to their proper forums, other than that I try and stay out of everyone's business and let them have fun. People work all day and want to come here and blow off steam, thats what its for. Do it and enjoy it.
    Pax, I think you're trying too hard here. She wanted to go & she couldn't handle it. Either she'll realize her mistake or the discussions will go more smoothly because others won't have to worry about what they say for fear of offending.
    Should add this to the "widsom" thread: you can't please everyone...

Post by Guest Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:31 pm

Paximus wrote:
    karma wrote:
    Paximus wrote:

Don't worry about ladysig leaving. She did not leave because of the pot thread, just that the average opinion of posters were too "different" from her opinions. I don't think she took offense at anything that was said, nor did she mean to offend anyone.

If y'all are going to try to please everyone, you might as well close this place down cause it isn't going to happen. If all members agreed with each other, then this would become an echo chamber and there would not be any discussions.

As long as people are decent to others with differing opinions, it'll be fine. You and Heroine have developed a fine place. There will be bumps in the road, but things will work out just fine.
    Mags
    Mags

Post by Mags Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:38 am

Paximus wrote:
    earthenjug wrote:so, I haven't taken the time to read the 10 PAGE THREAD, but I must say I am completely flabbergasted at how a thread re: advice on men became a discussion on marijauna and guns. Advice on men - Page 12 118510

LOL youre not alone, I have no idea how that happened either but it did and really took on a life of its own for the last few days resulting in ladysig getting upset and leaving us, which saddened me a lot because I really hate to lose people when we are just getting started, I am hoping some of you can talk to her and have her contact me so I can speak with her myself and see what I can do to broker a compromise so she can come back and be with all her couch friends and enjoy he forum we all worked so hard to make for her and for all of you. Please let her know she is welcome here and we miss her presence.
    She didn't get upset.

Pax.....I'm going to give you the benefit of doubt here and attribute this to the fact you've been busy and doing a wide variety of things over the last week or so......

At least six or seven times now, you've extrapolated opinions or emotions from ~my~ posts that simply are not there. At the same time, skipping over direct questions related to the discussion. My only concern with pot is people driving or working while high. I've never claimed caffeine or nicotine weren't drugs. I'm well aware that wine is alcohol. I do not think the younger generation is the cause of our societal problems, I think the two generations previous are.

Basically, I think you are trying to find drama where there is none. I'm not upset about anything. Pretty certain Sig isn't, either. If other people are upset by my opinions, I would suggest they discuss rationally instead of letting themselves become upset or simply scroll past my posts. It's pretty easy.......
    dangrsmind
    dangrsmind

Post by dangrsmind Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:04 am

Also something I learned from my mentor HLR, "Assume goodwill." This will go a long way to creating a place where we can all get along even when we strongly disagree. Also, I've found that when I can't assume goodwill it is most often my own problem. FWIW.
    claudicici
    claudicici

Post by claudicici Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:26 am

example : Ziggy...I disagree with her way more often than I agree with her but I alwayus think she's awesome and never gets into that "bitchy" mode when someone doesn't agree with her
    wadahoot
    wadahoot

Post by wadahoot Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:48 am

Ummm ... nice weather we're having.
    Hot chocolate with marshmallows anyone?! Advice on men - Page 12 152888
    Heroine
    Heroine
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Heroine Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:02 am

I'll take some wada! Smile Advice on men - Page 12 316827 Advice on men - Page 12 81335
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:12 am

claudicici wrote:Advice on men - Page 12 622579
    example : Ziggy...I disagree with her way more often than I agree with her but I alwayus think she's awesome and never gets into that "bitchy" mode when someone doesn't agree with her

Ziggy is a model example of someone who is able to disagree with others in a dignified and graceful manner. She really is a cool cat but so are you and the rest of our group which is why I fought so hard, had to show my ugly side and said some things I wouldnt normally say but when my friends are treated unfailry I throw the the miss manners book away and start swinging wildly until people get the picture that I dont take mistreatment of those I care about lightly.
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:48 am

Life would be extremely dull if everyone agreed on everything. I can't tell you how much my opinionated and judgmental ass has been humbled throughout my lifetime by those who I may have regarded as complete "wrong thinkers". People think they way they do because they've walked in their own shoes. Sometimes I understand their more narrow view and sometimes I think they are crazy town. Regardless, I have to respect and understand that they are different and different is not always bad. Advice on men - Page 12 418352 Like for instance, a mad rockin' banana that rides a green llama.

I see extreme differences as a check and balance of sorts. I'm sorry that people have been frustrated by the turn of the thread - hey I tried to keep it on topic but the "other" topic(s) must have been important to people because they kept coming back to it and that kind of proves that we really don't give a rats ass about any advice we need on men. Ha ha ha ha. Sorry. That one fell in my lap. Advice on men - Page 12 118510

Thanks Claudi - you've been a great person to learn from. You have represented dude. The diversity is what drew me to you all and what will keep me here. Advice on men - Page 12 Icon_rr

Last edited by ziggy on Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:50 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding emoticons because they are fun!!!!)
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:00 am

Advice On Men...(bless my little heart)
    50 Universal Truths About Men

http://www.relationshipheadquarters.com/understanding-men/50UniversalTruthsAboutMen.html

The second page has some good ones...I need to remember #50 as it pertains to mr. zig in particular...his "some time" can seem like an eternity when I'm the closure junkie.

"I need some time to myself to calm down when I’m upset so that I don’t say something I will regret."
    blouAngel
    blouAngel

Post by blouAngel Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:05 pm

dangrsmind wrote:
    Servant of the Nine wrote:
    Paximus wrote:
    ziggy wrote:Ha ha - I do love that most men don't have a clue what color ecru or celedon is Smile

I shop like a man...I hunt - get in, get out, bitch about all the people and very impatiently stand in line. I hate shopping. I do like owning a lot of shoes though, so it's a challenge.

I love men's men. I love politically incorrect men - kind of old school guys who are into sports, cigars, and appreciating women as completely different beings.

We are an extinct species. This is the man my dad was and how I was brought up to be, sometimes I see a mass pussification of America with girly men all around me. I dont think we all need to be Archie Bunker we can settle for Marlon Brando maybe?

Any man that owns more shoes than guns is a girly man.

Maybe he is just a man that has already been involved in killing enough people, so many that it is hard to think about it actually, and prefers now to go for peaceful walks in the woods instead.

Thanks Dangrs, I knew I would find someone in life who understood me if I waited long enough. Sadly, you are married, all the way across the freaking country, and the wrong sex. I'm going out for a walk and a good cry.

Where's a god-damned tear emoticon when you need one?
    blouAngel
    blouAngel

Post by blouAngel Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:19 pm

Mags wrote:No on hemp. That's just silly. You have to grow it which takes up land that can be used for farming first, and anything else second. Hemp isn't a practical means of energy supply. Wind, water and nuclear power are all better choices.

So Mags (Hi there by the way) where do you stand on pumpkin and Christmas tree farming?

If I were making the rules, and y'all (for our Northern friends, that means "you all") better be thankful I'm not for any number of reasons, we'd be having a lot few jack-o-lanterns next fall, and a lot more "rope" being made if it came down to available farm land being a limiting factor.
    dangrsmind
    dangrsmind

Post by dangrsmind Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:55 pm

Pumpkin farming is the precursor to the pumpkin cannon. Therefore I'm for it.
    blouAngel
    blouAngel

Post by blouAngel Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:00 pm

Really to be honest, the pumpkin/hemp debate isn't quite what I might have made it out to be. Experienced gardeners know all about companion planting.

Advice on men - Page 12 Pumpkinbong

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:12 pm

blouAngel wrote:Really to be honest, the pumpkin/hemp debate isn't quite what I might have made it out to be. Experienced gardeners know all about companion planting.

Advice on men - Page 12 Pumpkinbong
    but can you smoke pumpkins?
    blouAngel
    blouAngel

Post by blouAngel Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:43 pm

dabobkat wrote:but can you smoke pumpkins?

Ya sure can!
    http://www.barbecue-smoker-recipes.com/smoked-pumpkin-soup.html
    Sounds yummy to me.

Advice on men - Page 12 Smoked-pumpkin-soup
    blouAngel
    blouAngel

Post by blouAngel Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:46 pm

And now to get back on topic. Many men, myself included, like these:

Advice on men - Page 12 Poster___boobs052708113237
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:06 pm

Thank you Captain Obvious. Advice on men - Page 12 Icon_flower

You are right, nothing will ever stop men from obsessing about boobs! Small, big, real, fake - it doesn't seem to matter really.

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:31 pm

ziggy wrote:Thank you Captain Obvious. Advice on men - Page 12 Icon_flower

You are right, nothing will ever stop men from obsessing about boobs! Small, big, real, fake - it doesn't seem to matter really.
    And your point? Advice on men - Page 12 Icon_biggrin

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:32 pm

Look, here is all you need to know about men

Show up naked, bring beer
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:26 pm

dabobkat wrote:Look, here is all you need to know about men

Show up naked, bring beer

A friend of mine was always fond of saying the perfect woman was 2 feet tall with a flat head on which to set your beer. Poor guy has been married 4 times and they each took him for nice diamond rings. Poor sucker will never learn I guess.
    Mags
    Mags

Post by Mags Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:09 pm

blouAngel wrote:
    Mags wrote:No on hemp. That's just silly. You have to grow it which takes up land that can be used for farming first, and anything else second. Hemp isn't a practical means of energy supply. Wind, water and nuclear power are all better choices.

So Mags (Hi there by the way) where do you stand on pumpkin and Christmas tree farming?

If I were making the rules, and y'all (for our Northern friends, that means "you all") better be thankful I'm not for any number of reasons, we'd be having a lot few jack-o-lanterns next fall, and a lot more "rope" being made if it came down to available farm land being a limiting factor.
    hi Smile

honestly, I think it's kind of a waste. I suppose in some parts of the country there are tree "shortages," but down here people will pay you to come cut a tree off of their land. Or if not pay you, allow you to at no charge. But people are lazy, why cut one down yourself? Most wouldn't know how or remove one of their limbs in the attempt. Sigh.

Pumpkins? Again, kind of dumb. The carving pumpkins aren't any good to eat. Personally, I carve pie pumpkins. I like pumpkin pie.Wink

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content