Outcasts

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Outcasts

Outcasts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Outcasts

Forum for outcast sleuths.

HORRORCORE/SKR

claudicici
    claudicici

HORRORCORE/SKR - Page 2 Empty Re: HORRORCORE/SKR

Post by claudicici Mon May 10, 2010 4:29 am

Its cool to say you like underground music sort of a statement against the mainstream and they found a group of other troubled people they can relate to and fit in with. Thats my guess. Plus these SKR folks actually party with their fans and get up close and personal whereas you cant do that with bigger bands, its very much a little myspace music cult.
    claudicici
    claudicici

Post by claudicici Mon May 10, 2010 4:33 am

Part of the cool factor is liking something that other people don't know about. Too often a band will get signed to a major label, be accused of "selling out" and have a portion of their fans turn on them. Whether the music itself changes isn't even relevant to the fans reaction. I think the fact that SKR's music will never be mainstream may even be one of the big draws. They will never have to worry about their beloved unknown music being played on the ipod of the preppy kid sitting next to them.
    HORRORCORE/SKR - Page 2 Post_thanks
    claudicici
    claudicici

Post by claudicici Mon May 10, 2010 4:45 am

HORRORCORE/SKR - Page 2 Dglxg6
    claudicici
    claudicici

Post by claudicici Sun May 30, 2010 12:38 am

Originally Posted by DoctorZ HORRORCORE/SKR - Page 2 Viewpost
    I don't think they have to now what it means entirely. I wouldn't be surprised if they do look some things up. They may get some idea of what things are and then just let their minds go from there.

Only patially understanding adds to the "magicalness" to some people.

Yea I am guilty of assuming these kids grew up like I did, actually needing to go to a library and dig up books to look this stuff up, Dewey Decimal system and all LOL.

But they all have the internet so its pretty easy to look this stuff up now.
    claudicici
    claudicici

Post by claudicici Sun May 30, 2010 12:43 am

And if you think Glenn Beck is creepy, umm That Ickes guy is a total creep-out complete with sounds reminiscent with the aftermath of a shot of bad tequila...interesting though, and oh how I love those eccentrics, but VERY creepy.

Horrorcore people just lack a certain Je ne sais quoi, in contrast with the punk people. Can’t put my finger on it…maybe it’s just the total stoner idiot vibe, dunno.Punks have some style, devil worshipping fat bald redneck white boys trying to act like black gansta rappers is just comedy.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:13 pm