Outcasts

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Outcasts

Outcasts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Outcasts

Forum for outcast sleuths.

4 posters

News Beat 4-29-10-Arizona Immigration Law

ziggy
    ziggy

News Beat 4-29-10-Arizona Immigration Law - Page 5 Empty Re: News Beat 4-29-10-Arizona Immigration Law

Post by ziggy Fri May 28, 2010 3:10 pm

Thanks but you lost me with Government services. We have so many that we can't afford right now. Agreed, we can't keep spending money on war, but we also can't keep bailing people out of the beds they have made. We are like spoiled children in this country who never suffer consequences. England, France and Canada would not let me come to their country illegally, sick , or pregnant and pop out a child "citizen", or with a criminal history and get a job, receive government assistance and then send my money home to America. I don't think we can compare. We are much bigger idiots.

News Beat 4-29-10-Arizona Immigration Law - Page 5 Empty Re: News Beat 4-29-10-Arizona Immigration Law

Post by Guest Fri May 28, 2010 3:16 pm

And......
    I am not wholly impractical. I understand that most illegal immigrants from Mexico will in fact be Mexican. When the army went to find out what happend to Custer they were looking for Indians.
    Checking proof of citizenship for your average person who may or may not appear illegal is a waste. If we want to catch drug smugglers go after drug smugglers. If we want to catch members of criminal gangs go after criminal gangs. Lets have a stop criminal gangs story in the news rather than throwing a guy that is washing dishes in the same category.
    There is an older couple that lives a few doors down from me that is so wrapped up in the hysteria that they were afraid to leave their house when the utility company ran new lines for a few days becuase the workers were all "Mexican". I point out that...... there were working. They were not in the neighborhood to rob anyone. It is absurd. Turn off Fox News for a day and take a walk outside.

Post by Guest Fri May 28, 2010 3:23 pm

The point I was making with "governement service" was an effort to address the hospitals in California closing due to having to treat illegals. I suppose regionally in a small area that is possible. Overall though, as with much of the current immigration debate, it is not illegals that are wrecking the system. Our health care system is a disaster nationally and it is in bad shape for a variety of reasons that have little to do with immigration.
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Fri May 28, 2010 4:03 pm

I don't think once again that it has "little" to do with immigration. And who cares? Beause something is broken like our health care system we should just forget about other problems that the majority of the American people, consider important as well? The health care problem starts with insurance companies. Trust me I've had to work with them on both ends - from medical office manager to patient. Then it moves to government who decides who can be an insurance company and that they cannot compete nationally. Then it moves to those sucking off it who can't pay in. It's a complicated problem with many underlying issues.
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Fri May 28, 2010 4:07 pm

Just to clarify - the health care system isn't national so those regions with high illegal immigration do figure this is a very big problem affecting health care. I wish we could make buying insurance national. Competition would lower the prices I'm telling you it would be a great start!

Post by Guest Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:48 pm

My view on this law has softened a bit. Still not crazy about it. Still don't think that undocumented workers are taking jobs American want as much as they are being exploited as a means of cheap labor BUT
    I am also not convinced this law is a crisis. In short.. I don't think it will necessarily help but also am not convinced it will hurt. Guess we will see how it plays out.
    As a side note what does hurt are boycotts of AZ. It hurts working people trying to earn a living in AZ. It does not hurt policy makers.
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:35 pm

As always my friend (a little John McCain there for ya) it's a little of both. We do need a worker program and I have no problem with that except that we don't have one! It's a free for all non-existant one.

I have a friend here in Sonoma Country looking for a job badly, any job. She has some experience from years ago as a motel/hotel maid so she applied at three places. She got no call backs. She got another application and put a fake Mexican name on the application and very little personal info. She got called back on all three places. So? I report, you decide, LOL.

There ARE jobs that Americans can and will do that illegal aliens (and that is the correct term and I'm using it) are taking. I am all for harshly dealing with the industries that hire and exploit them but they have to be dealt with too. It's a mixture of economical and national security and basically it's common sense and the right thing to do to know who's coming into our country and for what purpose, GOSH.
    claudicici
    claudicici

Post by claudicici Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:43 am

Ziggy I worked in the hotel industry for 12 years,in 3 big properties.In each one of those the housekeeping department is pretty much 100% Hispanic. I've seen them hire white ( and black) girls,but they don't last.Not to be stereotypical but it's the truth.No american girl is willing ( of course there's exceptions but in those 12 years I have not seen ONE,not one american girl that stayed in housekeeping for more than a few months) to make minimum wage to clean up shit and puke and blood on a daily basis.These girls each have to turn 16 rooms per 8 hour shift.That's 30 minutes a room.It has to be done quickly and meticulous.It's hard work.American girls don't last in those jobs,for minimum wage they can transfer to the restaurant where they at least make tips.
    So I know exactly why your friend was called back when she used the fake name.
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:11 pm

Preach to the choir baby - I WAS a motel maid...Best Western, brown polyester uniform - had to turn a room in 20 minutes. That was back in the 80's when Americans knew how to work. I was the only non-obese white woman, but all were white. We had hispanics doing some of the apple orchard work, but the locals and teens did that for money as well. Yes, we've become lazy I think...

But that is why I think it would be best for my country to HAVE to do those jobs. It's time for us to learn to work again and not suck off the government teet.

I agree the work ethic of a Mexican can be far better. I'd like to see Americans become that again.
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:14 pm

Oh and to add, I would not expect anyone to stay in a motel maid job. I would consider that type of job to be high turnover (in my world where Americans do the job) as an entry level type job where someone can get job experience and then move on to waiting tables or whatever. To submit to a long-term puke clean up job is torturing those poor people. It doesn't take much to learn to do that job; so it should be the type of job people do until they can move up.

Post by Guest Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:19 pm

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/29/us/29arizona.html?_r=1&hp
    Part of law temp suspended in first of many legal challenges.
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:00 am

Grrrrrr.

Post by Guest Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:42 pm

http://hamptonroads.com/2010/08/cuccinelli-virginia-police-can-ask-immigration-status

Virginia's Attorney General weighs in on immigration debate.
    You may recall that Bill OReiley was all over Virginia Beach like a pitt bull on a two year old [must credit Ziggy with that phrase] a couple years ago claiming that Va Beach was a "sanctuary city" in which city police do not check immigration status after an arrest. That may have changed now. At the time it was debated becuase an illegal immigrant was charged with dui, tried, convicted, and released. His status was never checked. After his release he got drunk, drove again, and killed someone.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 11:42 am