Outcasts

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Outcasts

Outcasts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Outcasts

Forum for outcast sleuths.

+13
Wes
blouAngel
FARMVILLIAN
Heroine
claudicici
charliechan
TiffaniLane
Percy
tapu
AndresEscobar
wadahoot
dangrsmind
ziggy
17 posters

Why did Sam call the police to check the basement?

Why did Sam call the police to check the basement? - Page 5 Empty Re: Why did Sam call the police to check the basement?

Post by Guest Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:22 pm

ziggy wrote:Atlantica, you've corroborated what Peacegurl said regarding skinny cop - that he was very shaken by his perceived near brush with death. So if we can determine that Sam really did ask for him to return an hour later (was he off duty then?) then what does that tell us? He wanted that cop back for a reason. What reason? I'm sure SC (skinny cop) let it be known how freaked out he was about the whole thing, but do others" in the know" besides SC share his belief?

Interesting to contemplate that maybe Debra was killed upstairs in her bed, but then I struggle with covering up the odor by confining the bodies to the room on the other side of the den away from the "main" house. Would Sam go to that much effort to move someone?

We know Mark was the last to be killed and that the cops came to the house to check the basement with all four bodies remaining therein - I can't get past them not smelling something and the only way I could reconcile it was that Emma, Mel and Debra were likely the most decomposed and were sealed off in that wing of the house and that Mark was the one in the main area of the house. But if he remained in the living room, would not the cops have seen him or the evidence of such carnage? I can't see Sam moving him upstairs. Things to ponder.

The skinny cop was on another call at that time. The FPD shifts are 7 til 3, 3til 11 and ll til 7 or at least they were when my first husband worked there.

Why did Sam call the police to check the basement? - Page 5 Empty Re: Why did Sam call the police to check the basement?

Post by Guest Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:31 pm

Paximus wrote:
    AndresEscobar wrote:Dangrs, what's ironic is his name is allegedly "Barney" and the only reference to any Barney i can find in the Farmville Police Department is referencing Barney Fife.

Are you serious, his name is barney LOL thats too funny, we should send Heroine over to farmville to get us the scoop on old barney.

His name is not Barney! It does start with a B though.

Post by Guest Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:51 pm

Atlantica_Redux wrote:LOL....Barney Fife. Yeah, you know, I don't think Barney is the right name, but I can find out. I haven't done much or thought much about this case in months, mainly because I got booted off that other site. I think their rules are a bit draconian, and a bit of...other things, but anyway, I will try to post some here.

It was probably a good thing to be banned, because like everybody else my life is REALLY busy and I have no business typing here or anywhere.

However, it was VERY frustrating over the months, when I would get a juicy bit of local info and couldn't post there and tell everybody!

I will do my best to be as polite as possible and offend no one. I just don't tolerate asshattery very well, though have also been known to be a practitioner of the same. If I think someone is being an asshat, I will probably say so.

And now I can't think of anything....but will try to remember. Anyway, the deputy who initially met Sam, when the latter called back that night, he specifically requested the same guy. And yes, he is kind of a little guy...Barney Fife suits him to a T. And I heard that he was scared shitless when he heard that Sam had asked specifically for him. (Small, easily subdued/killed). Anyway, he was not working that night, but the sheriff's office sent out like four guys, so Sam quickly realized he wouldn't be adding "cop killer" to his CV. I hear "Barney" (will try to get the correct name) is still very shaken up about it all.

The only other thing I can remember, and this is the wrong thread for it, but I'm short on time....and don't know if you guys have sorted out where Mark was murdered --- apparently downstairs, living room. I know this because the people fixing up the house for sale called his mother to ask the difficult/delicate question..."We need to replace the section of hardwood floors....but we need your permission" and she said, "of course." That much blood.

His mom is, of course, having a very hard time. Frightened that Sam will come for her, since she is literally the last of her family.

You are totally confusing me.....First the Farmville Police Department are not referred to as deputies. The Prince Edward County Sheriffs department are referred to as deputies. As far as I know only The Virginia State Police and The Farmville Police Department were on the scene at 505 First Avenue. The Prince Edward Sheriffs Office were the ones who took care of the accident.
    The lone skinny officer was not Hackney. There is a Hackney that is a member of the Virgnia State police. BTW, Hackney has no brothers that work for law enforcement.
    And yes, the lone skinny cop is still very upset. I believe every officer who witnessed the deceased have had a hard time.

BTW....after looking over the warrants today, a woman was the foreman of the Grand Jury. I believe it was Farmvillian that said she was told they threw the book at him.
    Hogan was the Sergeant with the FPD who signed the search warrants. Stephens was the Special Agent from the Virgina state Police who signed them.

Post by Guest Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:05 pm

Peace Gurl wrote:
    Atlantica_Redux wrote:LOL....Barney Fife. Yeah, you know, I don't think Barney is the right name, but I can find out. I haven't done much or thought much about this case in months, mainly because I got booted off that other site. I think their rules are a bit draconian, and a bit of...other things, but anyway, I will try to post some here.

It was probably a good thing to be banned, because like everybody else my life is REALLY busy and I have no business typing here or anywhere.

However, it was VERY frustrating over the months, when I would get a juicy bit of local info and couldn't post there and tell everybody!

I will do my best to be as polite as possible and offend no one. I just don't tolerate asshattery very well, though have also been known to be a practitioner of the same. If I think someone is being an asshat, I will probably say so.

And now I can't think of anything....but will try to remember. Anyway, the deputy who initially met Sam, when the latter called back that night, he specifically requested the same guy. And yes, he is kind of a little guy...Barney Fife suits him to a T. And I heard that he was scared shitless when he heard that Sam had asked specifically for him. (Small, easily subdued/killed). Anyway, he was not working that night, but the sheriff's office sent out like four guys, so Sam quickly realized he wouldn't be adding "cop killer" to his CV. I hear "Barney" (will try to get the correct name) is still very shaken up about it all.

The only other thing I can remember, and this is the wrong thread for it, but I'm short on time....and don't know if you guys have sorted out where Mark was murdered --- apparently downstairs, living room. I know this because the people fixing up the house for sale called his mother to ask the difficult/delicate question..."We need to replace the section of hardwood floors....but we need your permission" and she said, "of course." That much blood.

His mom is, of course, having a very hard time. Frightened that Sam will come for her, since she is literally the last of her family.

You are totally confusing me.....First the Farmville Police Department are not referred to as deputies. The Prince Edward County Sheriffs department are referred to as deputies. As far as I know only The Virginia State Police and The Farmville Police Department were on the scene at 505 First Avenue. The Prince Edward Sheriffs Office were the ones who took care of the accident.
    The lone skinny officer was not Hackney. There is a Hackney that is a member of the Virgnia State police. BTW, Hackney has no brothers that work for law enforcement.
    And yes, the lone skinny cop is still very upset. I believe every officer who witnessed the deceased have had a hard time.

BTW....after looking over the warrants today, a woman was the foreman of the Grand Jury. I believe it was Farmvillian that said she was told they threw the book at him.
    Hogan was the Sergeant with the FPD who signed the search warrants. Stephens was the Special Agent from the Virgina state Police who signed them.

I bow to your (perceived) superior knowledge. And with that, I'm bowing out of this forum. Sorry, the sniping starts already and I have way better things to do with my time, papers to grade, conferences for which to prepare, time with colleagues and family.
    Do'svedanya!
    AndresEscobar
    AndresEscobar

Post by AndresEscobar Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:07 pm

Peace Gurl wrote:

Grand juries have nothing to do with throwing the book at anyone.
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:12 pm

Um hmmm that certainly doesn't sound like sniping just a correction in information as one person has compiled and heard it. That's just my opinion.

Peacegurl came to us earlier with that information and it would be helpful for you to corroborate it or refute it with your own knowledge or sources.

Her information is one reason this thread was started. If you think her knowledge is only perceived and not real, we are adults here and I'm sure you, being an educated person, can find a way to try and sort out the differences in what you are both trying to convey.
    AndresEscobar
    AndresEscobar

Post by AndresEscobar Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:20 pm

ziggy wrote:Um hmmm that certainly doesn't sound like sniping just a correction in information as one person has compiled and heard it. That's just my opinion.

Peacegurl came to us earlier with that information and it would be helpful for you to corroborate it or refute it with your own knowledge or sources.

Her information is one reason this thread was started. If you think her knowledge is only perceived and not real, we are adults here and I'm sure you, being an educated person, can find a way to try and sort out the differences in what you are both trying to convey.

Well, atlantica has deleted her account. So, any information we may have garnered from that useful source is lost.
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:25 pm

Man - rub some dirt on it and get back in the game. I'm glad I had a brother. There's no emoticon for that Sad
    Heroine
    Heroine
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Heroine Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:26 pm

Wow! What happened here? Is everyone else as confused as I am? Or am I just alone in the dark? Why did Sam call the police to check the basement? - Page 5 Icon_scratch
    AndresEscobar
    AndresEscobar

Post by AndresEscobar Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:32 pm

ziggy wrote:Man - rub some dirt on it and get back in the game. I'm glad I had a brother. There's no emoticon for that Sad

Here's my emoticon right now:

Why did Sam call the police to check the basement? - Page 5 765692
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:33 pm

Not confused. I remember her having the same type of responses on another board, ehemm. Some people have a problem with any push back whether it is very kind, or just blunt. She chooses to cut and run rather than waste any of her perceived precious time justifying anything or correcting any misinformation. oooo, was I just catty? Why did Sam call the police to check the basement? - Page 5 Icon_cat
    AndresEscobar
    AndresEscobar

Post by AndresEscobar Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:41 pm

ziggy wrote:Not confused. I remember her having the same type of responses on another board, ehemm. Some people have a problem with any push back whether it is very kind, or just blunt. She chooses to cut and run rather than waste any of her perceived precious time justifying anything or correcting any misinformation. oooo, was I just catty? Why did Sam call the police to check the basement? - Page 5 Icon_cat

I do not agree with this criticism of Atlantica. Losing this source of information is something we will regret. I'm going for a jog because I'm pretty pissed off about this. (though, obviously, not at you Ziggy, just making that clear.)
    dangrsmind
    dangrsmind

Post by dangrsmind Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:51 pm

The plot thickens...

Post by Guest Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:55 pm

Is Atlantica someone connected to the case -- law enforcement, court personnel, etc.? Or just a local-yokel in the know?

For what it is worth, I did not see any sniping in this thread. No

Post by Guest Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:59 pm

AndresEscobar wrote:
    Peace Gurl wrote:

Grand juries have nothing to do with throwing the book at anyone.

Without a doubt they don't. I just believe it may be where the confusion came from.

Last edited by Peace Gurl on Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
    AndresEscobar
    AndresEscobar

Post by AndresEscobar Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:02 pm

Peace Gurl wrote:

Without a doubt they don't. I just believe it my be where the confusion came from.

Having reviewed the statement multiple times, I don't think there was any confusion. It was misinformation.

Post by Guest Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:03 pm

Guest wrote:
    Peace Gurl wrote:

I bow to your (perceived) superior knowledge. And with that, I'm bowing out of this forum. Sorry, the sniping starts already and I have way better things to do with my time, papers to grade, conferences for which to prepare, time with colleagues and family.
    Do'svedanya!

Oh my, I am far from superior and not sniping, sorry if it was perceived
    that way. Forgive me.

Post by Guest Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:41 pm

AndresEscobar wrote:
    Peace Gurl wrote:

Without a doubt they don't. I just believe it my be where the confusion came from.

Having reviewed the statement multiple times, I don't think there was any confusion. It was misinformation.

I believe that the information of "throwing the books" = 6 indictments against Sam.

I had no idea he could be charged with 6 indictments for 4 murders. Maybe the foreman of the Grand jury did not know that either....thus "throwing the book." was the term used.

Just to be clear, idiots like me, are not familiar with a lot of legal terms.
    I called it a misunderstanding.

Hell, I do not know why I am trying to defend what someone else said. Maybe you should ask that poster.

cheers

Post by Guest Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:42 pm

The Kay wrote:Is Atlantica someone connected to the case -- law enforcement, court personnel, etc.? Or just a local-yokel in the know?

For what it is worth, I did not see any sniping in this thread. No

She and I are both locals.
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:44 pm

AndresEscobar wrote:
    Peace Gurl wrote:

I'm none too happy about a local source leaving either but on the other hand - if someone is going to come in and profess to know such details as skinny cop's name and other information and then get their panties in a wad when questioned, corrected or asked to verify; then they aren't going to last because Andres, you are a stickler for not carrying forth unsubstantiated rumors. Atlantica was on the phone with someone, who knew someone to get that information and I didn't see you pressing for more than the heresay of Atlantica and Co. I'd hate to see what her reaction would have been had you done that in a manner in which you have in the past.

I have no problem with you doing that - none - I get it - and I love you for it - but it wasn't leveled at Atlantica.

If there is misinformation - then point it out and move on. We all need more education on how our legal system works. We all need to be challenged from time to time, humbled, put in our place and praised when we are on point. In my opinion, Atlantica only wanted part of that scenario.

I don't think anyone was sniping. I think she does not like her integrity questioned just like everyone else and she handles it poorly.

We need those police reports - that would be helpful. That would be verification of who was on first.

I'd like to point out that Atlantica also said that FOUR other cops came over instead of two...anyone catch that? I was just waiting to see if her info. would get the microscopic treatment, but it did not. Why?

snipped from her post and BBM:

Last edited by ziggy on Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to add material from post)
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:10 pm

Well this fucking sucks and I am with Andres time for a jog to release anger, I hate losing a local source, she is exactly what we needed. That said she took it all wrong and over-reacted, what can you do.

Atlantica if you are reading this please return, this is a great group of people we have been togeher for 5 months, none of us agreee on anything and we all call eachother out but over time we have all become friends and respect eachother no matter how much we disagree, you simply cannot let one comment like that bother you, it makes you look a little thin-skinned, but whatever, I appreciated you coming here and I would like to see you return, PLEASE send me a PM and lets talk about what I can do as a mod to make you more comfortable here.
    AndresEscobar
    AndresEscobar

Post by AndresEscobar Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:11 pm

Why this got brought up again, I have no idea.

A poster posted at some point at the websleuths thread that he heard that the foreman of the jury was a religious, white woman in her 60s and she was going to throw the book at Sam. The poster did so in a boastful manner, in a "looks like Sam's really gonna get it" way.

After a few posts entertaining this new aspect of our running narrative, Pax and I proved this statement to be false within hours. Jury selection has still not begun yet.

Another poster suggested that maybe this was the foreman of the grand jury. This is also not correct. The statement clearly said that the foreman of the jury is a white woman in her 60s and she is going to throw the book at Sam. This statement was made significantly after the grand jury would have indicted Sam.

A grand jury's only job is to determine whether there is probable cause or a reasonable suspicion that a crime has been committed.
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:14 pm

Guest wrote:
    Peace Gurl wrote:

Do'svedanya!

I think we all have things to be doing other than this, I am preparing to defend a murder case in a few weeks, we have lawyers here with busy practices, we have law students who also hold full time jobs, we have people struggling to start their own businesses, we have models and photographers and retired folks, all of us have busy lives but we make time for our friends because we enjoy eachother's company and we enjoy discussing this case, so please make some time for us and dont take criticism personally, it comes with the terrirtory, I get ripped everytime I post but it doesnt stop me.
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:17 pm

AndresEscobar wrote:Why this got brought up again, I have no idea.

A poster posted at some point at the websleuths thread that he heard that the foreman of the jury was a religious, white woman in her 60s and she was going to throw the book at Sam. The poster did so in a boastful manner, in a "looks like Sam's really gonna get it" way.

After a few posts entertaining this new aspect of our running narrative, Pax and I proved this statement to be false within hours. Jury selection has still not begun yet.

Another poster suggested that maybe this was the foreman of the grand jury. This is also not correct. The statement clearly said that the foreman of the jury is a white woman in her 60s and she is going to throw the book at Sam. This statement was made significantly after the grand jury would have indicted Sam.

A grand jury's only job is to determine whether there is probable cause or a reasonable suspicion that a crime has been committed.

What he said. Why did Sam call the police to check the basement? - Page 5 418352
    AndresEscobar
    AndresEscobar

Post by AndresEscobar Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:23 pm

ziggy wrote:
    AndresEscobar wrote:
    Peace Gurl wrote:

I'm none too happy about a local source leaving either but on the other hand - if someone is going to come in and profess to know such details as skinny cop's name and other information and then get their panties in a wad when questioned, corrected or asked to verify; then they aren't going to last because Andres, you are a stickler for not carrying forth unsubstantiated rumors. Atlantica was on the phone with someone, who knew someone to get that information and I didn't see you pressing for more than the heresay of Atlantica and Co. I'd hate to see what her reaction would have been had you done that in a manner in which you have in the past.

I have no problem with you doing that - none - I get it - and I love you for it - but it wasn't leveled at Atlantica.

If there is misinformation - then point it out and move on. We all need more education on how our legal system works. We all need to be challenged from time to time, humbled, put in our place and praised when we are on point. In my opinion, Atlantica only wanted part of that scenario.

I don't think anyone was sniping. I think she does not like her integrity questioned just like everyone else and she handles it poorly.

We need those police reports - that would be helpful. That would be verification of who was on first.

I'd like to point out that Atlantica also said that FOUR other cops came over instead of two...anyone catch that? I was just waiting to see if her info. would get the microscopic treatment, but it did not. Why?

snipped from her post and BBM:

To be fair, I asked her several questions to which she did not respond. I was evaluating her claims with the other rumors we've heard. Since I do not care about whether Lone skinny cop, or Tall Muscly cop is or was "scared" or felt threatened at any point, I'm not going to ask questions about that. What LSC/TMC LSTMC thinks or feels is an absolute non issue that doesn't matter to our discussion, so there was no need to press her on that. Same thing with Gramma Neiderbock.

Unfortunately, she did not respond to my questions to expound on some of the things I asked. Otherwise I would have followed up.

Regardless, she was involved with the WS from the start, had a kind demeanor, and had generally not set off my BS detectors.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content