Outcasts

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Outcasts

Outcasts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Outcasts

Forum for outcast sleuths.

python / monitor lizard hunting season in florida

python / monitor lizard hunting season in florida Empty python / monitor lizard hunting season in florida

Post by Guest Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:11 am

http://www.ammoland.com/2010/02/22/snake-hunting-season/
    I watched a fascinating documentary on non native invasive species in Florida last night. Who would have thought people could go python hunting in the USA? I think the pic in the article has been photo shopped. I am not exactly sure why it just does not look right to me for some reason.
    ziggy
    ziggy

python / monitor lizard hunting season in florida Empty Re: python / monitor lizard hunting season in florida

Post by ziggy Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:01 pm

EEEKS that's a big ass snake. Snakes don't really frighten me I just happen to dislike them and believe strongly they belong FAR FAR away from me. I grew up catching garter (gardner?) snakes and dealing with bull snakes in orchards but I also grew up where rattle snakes are common so I don't wait around to see what type it is.

People in FL have turned their "pet" snakes loose and it's caused a huge problem with boas and pythons breeding and then showing up to eat small dogs and possibly kids.

Hunt On! Those things don't belong there Sad

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 11:08 am