Outcasts

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Outcasts

Outcasts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Outcasts

Forum for outcast sleuths.

+23
bobskat
piXy
Wes
smartie74
Furball
ROCKDAWG
TandT
TiffaniLane
Mags
bandersnatch45
ladyg
tapu
blouAngel
Hank
ziggy
claudicici
Percy
Heroine
wadahoot
ericclimbs
dangrsmind
27 posters

Pix of Outcasts -- post pictures of yourself

ziggy
    ziggy

Pix of Outcasts -- post pictures of yourself - Page 7 Empty Re: Pix of Outcasts -- post pictures of yourself

Post by ziggy Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:16 am

piXy yay...looking good in the pic. Glad you made it over here.
    Wes
    Wes

Pix of Outcasts -- post pictures of yourself - Page 7 Empty Re: Pix of Outcasts -- post pictures of yourself

Post by Wes Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:56 pm

Man, this is almost like eHarmony...only different.
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:50 pm

Moving this to privte for now and will clean up RLC members pics if they want them gone when I have time, ist better left here for now anyway.
    bobskat
    bobskat

Post by bobskat Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:44 pm

would not load
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:14 am

Pax you have to put your picture back up - although I love Les, I can't be thinking you look like him! (even if he is Tom Cruise)
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:30 am

Pix of Outcasts -- post pictures of yourself - Page 7 Cecil-10Pix of Outcasts -- post pictures of yourself - Page 7 On-mel10
    Back in the 70's...I was Ellie May. That's my pet duck Cecil and my 3/4 Arabian mare Melody. I was just a redneck girl...for real.
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:34 am

Pix of Outcasts -- post pictures of yourself - Page 7 Taken-10Pix of Outcasts -- post pictures of yourself - Page 7 Tomwal10Pix of Outcasts -- post pictures of yourself - Page 7 Feathe10
    I'm bored and can't sleep so I posted more pics for the hell of it...your turn
    claudicici
    claudicici

Post by claudicici Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:54 am

...the teenage pictures are so damn beautiful ziggy,we really are complete opposites,at that age I was living in a pile of concrete,sky scrapers,army facilities and almost right next to a nuclear power plant.I could only dream of horses,lol...
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:08 am

awww. When I was young and idealistic I dreamt that if I won the lottery, I would build a farm/ranch and it would be a free program for city kids to come and stay for a couple of weeks; learn to ride horses, collect eggs, muck stalls, do all the work but interact with the animals and the garden etc. It's such an amazing lesson in life to be surrounded by the natural order. I felt it would render compassion in kids that they would never understand in their concrete lives. But then there's you Claudi - you are so rich in compassion even without those experiences- a very beautiful person. Humans are amazing!
    the tapu
    the tapu

Post by the tapu Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:17 am

You just made me remember. When I was a kid, some part of the govt or the YMCA maybe or somethin used to send the "at" risk" kids out of the city in the summer for 'ranch camp' for a week.

Those were some of the best times i ever had as a kid.
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:22 am

I hope they were good times because of the ranch and not the shenanigans with the other kids!!!

So maybe my dream would be a good thing. The liability insurance would kill the deal probably. What kid doesn't need a campfire and roasting marshmallow experience and sleeping in cabins with woodstoves and seeing the huge owls at night? Awakening to roosters crowing and milking some cows...hey THAT's where milk comes from Smile
    the tapu
    the tapu

Post by the tapu Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:47 am

Hah! Yeah the ranch stuff was good. I liekd taking care of my own horse, everybody got assigned a horse. Most of the rest of the time we played tether ball and fought. I mean we were from the city.
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:51 am

ziggy wrote:Pax you have to put your picture back up - although I love Les, I can't be thinking you look like him! (even if he is Tom Cruise)

I am taking some more recent ones and will post once I get them done. I took them down for a reason that I will explain later. No big deal. Things settled down.
    SonicG
    SonicG

Post by SonicG Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:13 am

Pix of Outcasts -- post pictures of yourself - Page 7 Cimg5315
    Any winos here? Pix of Outcasts -- post pictures of yourself - Page 7 Food-smiley-019 This was from a semi-sideways tour my wife and I did about 2 years ago...
    Can you guess the below vineyard??

Pix of Outcasts -- post pictures of yourself - Page 7 Cimg5410
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:21 am

Hmmm. I am a wino. I live in Sonoma County. I'm going to take it as a good sign that I don't recognize vineyards per se. Pix of Outcasts -- post pictures of yourself - Page 7 Icon_tongue The only one I would recognize would be Chateau Montelena. Where is it Sonic?
    SonicG
    SonicG

Post by SonicG Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:39 pm

Haven't been to Sonoma yet- would love to visit there more than Napa...The vines are south of Sonoma and North of Santa Barbara...
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:45 pm

Sweeet GG thanks for posting. GG is a good friend of mine folks we go way back on another paranormal studies forum and we talked about this case there and then ended up at websleuths together and now here. He is good people treat him well.
    blouAngel
    blouAngel

Post by blouAngel Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:13 pm

My little flock of Indian Runner ducks. The second picture is of Sampson, also known as the most important duck in the whole world, at least in his tiny brain. He has the never ending job of attending to the needs of 9 females while keeping his nemesis Cyrus from doing the same. It's like a crazy soap opera at times.

Pix of Outcasts -- post pictures of yourself - Page 7 Duck_p10 Pix of Outcasts -- post pictures of yourself - Page 7 Sampso10
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:02 am

I LOVE ducks, I have a flock of ten, various kinds, the fresh eggs are wonderful and they are some of the coolest game birds ever. They crack me up watching them all day when I work outside. They follow me around a lot. Nice flock there Blou!
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:53 am

I love ducks too. That duck I had was named Cecil and he was totally my pet. While shopping for my horses's feed at the feed store, I fell in love with a runt duckling and my Mother could never say no to a pet, so I brought him home and he was like a dog. I'd let him in the house and let him sit in a box and watch me get ready for school. Later we got him a girl duck friend named Sybil but they never really bonded. I finally took Cecil to a friend's farm where he lived happily because I started high school and had no time for my baby.

Then, as a freshman in college, my friend who was the RA and I ended up (it was my fault) with a duckling we nambed Abner and I swear to God I kept him in my dorm room in a huge box with grass and feed. At night when everyone was asleep, I'd walk him down to the bathroom, plug up the shower and let him play in the water. I took him out to the park daily. Then I got busted and had to get rid of him. I wasnted to at least make it to break and take him back home. My school was in Cheney Washington, which is very rural. I had no idea what to do with him, so I looked in the phone book and started with A. I saw a Cecil Anderson so I called and they happened to live outside of town on property with a pond and an 8 year old grandson. I took Abner out there and the two were inseperable. Happy ending YAY. I was put on a time out for owning ducks afer that.

I have another duck story after that, but I'll spare you.

I Love your ducks Blou! They are very fun to watch and actually as little pets they are very loving. My favorite thing was when Cecil wanted to really look me in the eye, he would tilt his head to the side and stare straight up at me with that one eye on the side of his head. That was funny.
    claudicici
    claudicici

Post by claudicici Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:00 am

ziggy and blou,do you know why a duck would desert her eggs???? ...that's what happened out here I posted about it on the animal thread....I'm upset about it.. I tried to find out online but the only thing I found out is why the male that was watching over the eggs with her took off with another male duck...
    blouAngel
    blouAngel

Post by blouAngel Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:08 am

The sideways stare is one of the funniest things about ducks. We have a pretty huge backyard for city folk and the duck get set free to play around in the creek and all the various springs and mud holes we have. Sometimes when the buzzards fly overhead, they all stop what they are doing and stare sideways at the sky. They keep track of the buzzards, but they don't even pay attention to the hawk that often flies right over their heads. I let them out a couple of weeks ago and they ran straight for the tree he was sitting in at the time. They are a lot of fun, but they sure aren't the smartest pets I've ever had.

Their pen opens into the garden, since they are supposed to be good for keeping bugs away, but they go crazy for spinach and can mow that, or peas, or most anything really right to the ground in just a few minutes and are far harder on the garden than bugs ever were. You win some and you lose some.
    blouAngel
    blouAngel

Post by blouAngel Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:17 am

claudicici wrote:ziggy and blou,do you know why a duck would desert her eggs???? ...that's what happened out here I posted about it on the animal thread....I'm upset about it.. I tried to find out online but the only thing I found out is why the male that was watching over the eggs with her took off with another male duck...

In chicken and duck breeds that are kept for egg production, it isn't desirable for them to be good mothers. Some hens will sit on eggs and then stop producing more. That's called being broody. People that raise them also want to select the ones that they will hatch and don;t want birds that decide that on their own, so those domestic breeds have been selected for good egg production without broody hens. Some breeds are better for that than others. If the ducks are at a park rather than a farm, they may actually be domestic breeds with domestic traits although they look like wild ducks. Just like people, some are good parents, and some aren't.
    claudicici
    claudicici

Post by claudicici Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:09 am

Pix of Outcasts -- post pictures of yourself - Page 7 Icon_sad ...she sat on them for 2 days and 2 nights...and then she just walked away...
    claudicici
    claudicici

Post by claudicici Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:59 am

Pix of Outcasts -- post pictures of yourself - Page 7 17233_108355545844346_100000097028502_224976_6464459_ncici...we're going to an anime convention this weekend...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 11:10 pm